- This saddle is a DUAL FLAP model, constructed with soft knee rolls on top flap, a firmer fixed knee block on under flap.
- Flaps are very fine, durable leather with harder finished surface and soft, graduated (thicker in front than toward rear of the roll) padded leather knee roll in front.
- Flap length is customizable, if your legs are shorter or longer than average.
- Panels offer broader surface area compared to traditional saddles.
- Flocked with “Jacob’s Wool”, the finest natural fibre flocking material in the world, they are never over-stuffed. The result is a horse-hugging saddle that distributes rider weight more comfortably than saddles that sit up high with harder, narrower surface area contacting the horse’s body.
- Leather: Choose your basic saddle body color: Black or Dark Brown. We utilize only the finest English or Italian leathers available in the world.
- Rigging for 2-buckle girth: Our two-billet rigging system hangs between the flaps and includes a sturdy V of webbing that hangs the rear billet via a unique piece of hardware that allows rear billet to float as horse moves, providing good sterilization of the back of the saddle while remaining extremely comfortable for the horse. Billets are long, requiring use of a shorter girth than saddles with short billets that put buckle pressure high on the horse’s sides. We recommend measuring your horse to determine girth length that will put buckles approximately 6″ // 15 cm above horse’s elbow.
“Welcoming” the horse’s back in motion requires that you MANAGE THE INTERFACE – which is the space between your horse’s body and the underside of the saddle. After incorporating a good saddle, this is the next most important factor for successful saddle fit when you want to give your horse the opportunity to enjoy the journey with you. With VersaFitSaddlePads.com saddle pads and tapered foam shims you are best equipped to custom fit the interface of your horse to adapt to individual age, top line shape and state of training.
SMARTFLX´S EXCLUSIVE, UNIQUELY SHAPED TREES ARE THE SUBSTRUCTURE AND MAJOR KEY TO SUCCESS OF ANY OF OUR SADDLES.
The very special SMARTFLX™ shape provides room needed for the horse’s back to come up in performance of any athletic maneuvers, especially ones requiring significant engagement or “collection”. Also sculpted into the SMARTFLX™ shape are the ergonomic considerations built in for the rider which enable feeling close to the horse´s body and it´s movement while securely balanced and unstressed in hip, knee and ankle joints. The “bars” and “groundseat” of the SMARTFLX™ western tree are a one-piece molded shape based on years of research and development incorporating thousands of horses worldwide. This molded piece is formed utilizing a particular, extraordinary elastomer compound material that is solid enough to support the rider and protect the horse’s back yet flexible enough to allow the horse to move as nature intended and the human to feel connected in harmony. It is amazingly thin and keeps you close to your horse. Our wooden forks and cantles provide the base stability to hold the bars at the attitude and angle that our research proved was optimal. Our english saddles are constructed with the same principles regarding the spacious, welcoming shape we know is necessary for healthy, comfortable movement. English SMARTFLX™ trees are handcrafted by Master Saddlers in England utilizing digitally sculpted, laminated beechwood bars reinforced by steel head plate and thin diagonal steel bands that support appropriate diagonal flexibility. Because the SMARTFLX™ trees are sculpted to welcome the expanded “moving” horse body, there is room to accommodate an enormous variety of horse breeds and sizes.
VersaFitSaddlePads.com unique shimming concept provides a simple way to offer dynamic custom fit. The welcoming “hug” of our saddles’ undersides provides for a physically and mentally un-restricted equine athlete capable of enjoying full physical potential under saddle.