- Pommel: “A-Fork” (aka “slick fork) shape with a slight forward lean, no swells, a low profile 2 1/2” horn and shallow gullet. (CAUTION: If your horse has very high, narrow withers, this Fork may be too low).
- Cantle: 3″ tall with moderately open “dish” that hugs rider without trapping. 1.5″ Cheyenne roll.
- Leather: #1 Quality veg-tanned leather hides used exclusively.
- Color: Light Oil, Medium Oil, Chestnut, Dark Brown, Black.
- Seat: 3-QTR “grippy soft” padded textured leather for seat and buckrolls.#
- Underside: Suede-covered memory foam.
- Stirrups: 3″ footbed, handcrafted Hardwood Stirrups
- Tooling: Parelli Signature Horsehead Outline on fork, housing, seat jockey, skirts and fenders.
- Hardware: Brass or stainless steel rigging. D´s and back cinch roller buckles. Slotted Conchos secured by 6 sets of tie strings.
- Main cinch rigging: Flat plate, In-skirt.
- Rear cinch rigging: Rear D with doubled-and-stiched billets and back cinch includes short cinch hobble for connecting to main cinch. Rear cinch should be buckled snugly for best stabilization of the back of the saddle, and short hobble enables pressure to be located in the horse´s sternum area and not on the soft belly area. Standard back cinch length is 36″// 91.5 cm, which fits most breeds. If your horse is very small or very big, please let us know and we can arrange for a custom length.
- Fenders: Free-swinging fenders for optimum rider leg flexibility. 5 leg length sizes available, with numbered adjustment strap holes at 1.2″ increments.
- Latigos: Latigos on both sides for even left/right adjustment. No off-side billet.
- Seat sizes: 15-17.5 available, please contact us for other sizes
- Made in USA
“Welcoming” the horse’s back in motion requires that you MANAGE THE INTERFACE – which is the space between your horse’s body and the underside of the saddle. After incorporating a good saddle, this is the next most important factor for successful saddle fit when you want to give your horse the opportunity to enjoy the journey with you. With SmartSaddlePads.com saddle pads and tapered foam shims you are best equipped to custom fit the interface of your horse to adapt to individual age, top line shape and state of training.
SMARTFLX´S EXCLUSIVE, UNIQUELY SHAPED TREES ARE THE SUBSTRUCTURE AND MAJOR KEY TO SUCCESS OF ANY OF OUR SADDLES.
The very special SMARTFLX™ shape provides room needed for the horse’s back to come up in performance of any athletic maneuvers, especially ones requiring significant engagement or “collection”. Also sculpted into the SMARTFLX™ shape are the ergonomic considerations built in for the rider which enable feeling close to the horse’s body and it’s movement while securely balanced and unstressed in hip, knee and ankle joints. The “bars” and “groundseat” of the SMARTFLX™ western tree are a one-piece molded shape based on years of research and development incorporating thousands of horses worldwide. This molded piece is formed utilizing a particular, extraordinary elastomer compound material that is solid enough to support the rider and protect the horse’s back yet flexible enough to allow the horse to move as nature intended and the human to feel connected in harmony. It is amazingly thin and keeps you close to your horse. Our wooden forks and cantles provide the base stability to hold the bars at the attitude and angle that our research proved was optimal. Our english saddles are constructed with the same principles regarding the spacious, welcoming shape we know is necessary for healthy, comfortable movement. English SMARTFLX™ trees are handcrafted by Master Saddlers in England utilizing digitally sculpted, laminated beechwood bars reinforced by steel head plate and thin diagonal steel bands that support appropriate diagonal flexibility. Because the SMARTFLX™ trees are sculpted to welcome the expanded “moving” horse body, there is room to accommodate an enormous variety of horse breeds and sizes.
VersaFit™ unique shimming concept provides a simple way to offer dynamic custom fit. The welcoming “hug” of our saddles’ undersides provides for a physically and mentally un-restricted equine athlete capable of enjoying full physical potential under saddle.