Our recommendation for quality, comfort, performance and value. Crafted for us by our master saddle maker, utilizing fine English leather, with triple thick elastic ends, contoured shape, soft padding and roller buckles.
This is a fabulous all-around girth for our Dressage and Hybrid Cruiser saddle models. We believe that girths should be as comfortable for the horse as possible. Minimal contouring is preferred, too much can actually cause extreme pressure on one side. Elastic on each end is also beneficial. A girth should be snug so it becomes one with the saddle, but not uncomfortably tight. This also helps with slippage and stabilizes the saddle from bouncing on the back. You get a better distribution of pressure with the elastic on each end, too. No hardware should touch the horse’s side, and we believe that the short girth/long billet arrangement on our saddles provides more comfort for the horse. The buckles should be up as high as possible so they don’t interfere with the elbows, but still sit below the saddle flap and therefore avoid contact with your leg.. We prefer leather, (these are exquisitely soft leather) and the padding further contributes to the horse’s comfort. Our girths represent a mid-range price with other girths approximating this quality.
- Minimal contouring to prevent extreme pressure on side(s)
- Elastic on each end: provides superior distribution of pressure on each side.
- Creates a snug — but not uncomfortably tight fit
- Reduces slippage and saddle bouncing on the back
- Padded girth helps increase comfort for your horse
- Exquisitely soft, yet strong leather