- Pommel: shape is known as a low profile, heavy “slick fork” Wade with no swells, a shallow, wide, flat 4″ round-topped “Guadalajara horn”, and shallow gullet. The horn is slightly narrower at the base for the sake of stacking your rope coils on the front “lip” of the fork while dallying. (CAUTION: If your horse has very high, narrow withers, this fork may be too low)
- Cantle: is 3.5″ tall with with significant”dish” that hugs rider securely. 1.5″ Cheyenne roll.
- Leather: #1 Quality veg-tanned leather hides used exclusively. Roughout leather on seat jockey, body housing and back cinch. Smooth leather on fork, top skirt and cheyenne roll.
- Seat: Grippy soft padded textured leather inset seat and buck rolls. (Traditional Wade saddles had hard leather seats, but an inset of soft padded leather provides magnificent comfort for rider while facilitating the bit of flex in the tree under your seat which is great for the horse, too.
- Underside of saddle: natural fleece.
- Stirrups: 4″ wide wooden bells, hand bound brass or steel covered, leather lined with wooden heel peg.
- Tooling: Artisan hand-carved Sheridan floral pattern on both sides of fork and back top skirts.
- Hardware: heavy duty brass with our signature scalloped horse head line pattern on conchos, flat plate in-skirt rigging, large back cinch D and small breast collar D’s.
- Tie Strings: 6 sets of tie strings holding slotted conchos.
- Extras: Knife/Leatherman holder on back billet, hobble strap holder on left side (included)
- Back Cinch: Doubled-and-stitched Rear Cinch and Flank Billets with short cinch hobble for stability of back of saddle without impacting horse’s soft abdomen.
- Fenders: Free-swinging fenders for optimum rider leg flexibility. Cut to size for Rider inseam length. 5 basic leg length sizes available.
- Front Rigging: flat plate, In-skirt with signature horsehead design
- Latigos: Latigos on both sides for main cinch rigging, no off-side billet unless requested.
- Breast Collar D-rings: set high for freedom of shoulder movement. Crupper ring or not.
- Seat sizes 15 – 17.5 available.
- Approx. Weight: 38lbs / 17.2 kg
- Length: 25.5″ – 26.5″ (63.5cm – 66cm)
Made in USA
“Welcoming” the horse’s back in motion requires that you MANAGE THE INTERFACE – which is the space between your horse’s body and the underside of the saddle. After incorporating a good saddle, this is the next most important factor for successful saddle fit when you want to give your horse the opportunity to enjoy the journey with you. With SmartSaddlePads.com saddle pads and tapered foam shims you are best equipped to custom fit the interface of your horse to adapt to individual age, top line shape and state of training.
SMARTFLX´S EXCLUSIVE, UNIQUELY SHAPED TREES ARE THE SUBSTRUCTURE AND MAJOR KEY TO SUCCESS OF ANY OF OUR SADDLES.
The very special SMARTFLX™ shape provides room needed for the horse’s back to come up in performance of any athletic maneuvers, especially ones requiring significant engagement or “collection”. Also sculpted into the SMARTFLX™ shape are the ergonomic considerations built in for the rider which enable feeling close to the horse´s body and it´s movement while securely balanced and unstressed in hip, knee and ankle joints. The “bars” and “groundseat” of the SMARTFLX™ western tree are a one-piece molded shape based on years of research and development incorporating thousands of horses worldwide. This molded piece is formed utilizing a particular, extraordinary elastomer compound material that is solid enough to support the rider and protect the horse’s back yet flexible enough to allow the horse to move as nature intended and the human to feel connected in harmony. It is amazingly thin and keeps you close to your horse. Our wooden forks and cantles provide the base stability to hold the bars at the attitude and angle that our research proved was optimal. Our english saddles are constructed with the same principles regarding the spacious, welcoming shape we know is necessary for healthy, comfortable movement. English SMARTFLX™ trees are handcrafted by Master Saddlers in England utilizing digitally sculpted, laminated beechwood bars reinforced by steel head plate and thin diagonal steel bands that support appropriate diagonal flexibility. Because the SMARTFLX™ trees are sculpted to welcome the expanded “moving” horse body, there is room to accommodate an enormous variety of horse breeds and sizes.
SmartSaddlePads.com unique shimming concept provides a simple way to offer dynamic custom fit. The welcoming “hug” of our saddles’ undersides provides for a physically and mentally un-restricted equine athlete capable of enjoying full physical potential under saddle.