Our RANCH VERSATILITY is a sturdy, secure, hard-working, cool-looking tool for a variety of out on-the-range ranch chores or livestock work. It has a deep seat and a fork with optional bucking rolls. Southwest style roping horn is tall enough to use for cutting. Like any NHS saddle, its uniquely designed SMARTFLEX foundation provides confidence that the horse can enjoy the ride, too.
- Moderate-swell fork with roping/cutting horn.
- Generous wither clearance. Recommend roping/holding up to 600 pounds at angle to avoid over-flexing tree for sake of horse comfort.
- Horn is protection-wrapped in replaceable mule hide. Rope strap is anchored in horn with generous length.
- Dished Cantle to hold rider securely with inset padded seat for maximum comfort
- Rugged and sturdy saddle which weighs approximately 10-15 pounds less than traditional roping saddle
- Small profile rounded skirts for horse comfort in lateral flexion
- Work-wide fenders swing easily for ease of rider-horse communication
- Exclusive Smartflx foundation – creating freedom & space for horse to achieve maximum efficiency in stride
- Suits all breeds. Our 2 gullet sizing choice and interface tools suit all sizes, shapes and conformation
- If you rope, wrangle, drag large numbers of animals weighing more than 800 pounds on a consistent and daily basis, we recommend that we craft a saddle for you tailored to your needs and with a little less flexibility.
Find out more about the features of our Ranch Versatility and/or design your own saddle on our RANCH VERSATILITY PRODUCT PAGE.
“Welcoming” the horse’s back in motion requires that you MANAGE THE INTERFACE – which is the space between your horse’s body and the underside of the saddle. After incorporating a good saddle, this is the next most important factor for successful saddle fit when you want to give your horse the opportunity to enjoy the journey with you. With SmartSaddlePads.com saddle pads and tapered foam shims you are best equipped to custom fit the interface of your horse to adapt to individual age, top line shape and state of training.
SMARTFLX´S EXCLUSIVE, UNIQUELY SHAPED TREES ARE THE SUBSTRUCTURE AND MAJOR KEY TO SUCCESS OF ANY OF OUR SADDLES.
The very special SMARTFLX™ shape provides room needed for the horse’s back to come up in performance of any athletic maneuvers, especially ones requiring significant engagement or “collection”. Also sculpted into the SMARTFLX™ shape are the ergonomic considerations built in for the rider which enable feeling close to the horse´s body and it´s movement while securely balanced and unstressed in hip, knee and ankle joints. The “bars” and “groundseat” of the SMARTFLX™ western tree are a one-piece molded shape based on years of research and development incorporating thousands of horses worldwide. This molded piece is formed utilizing a particular, extraordinary elastomer compound material that is solid enough to support the rider and protect the horse’s back yet flexible enough to allow the horse to move as nature intended and the human to feel connected in harmony. It is amazingly thin and keeps you close to your horse. Our wooden forks and cantles provide the base stability to hold the bars at the attitude and angle that our research proved was optimal. Our english saddles are constructed with the same principles regarding the spacious, welcoming shape we know is necessary for healthy, comfortable movement. English SMARTFLX™ trees are handcrafted by Master Saddlers in England utilizing digitally sculpted, laminated beechwood bars reinforced by steel head plate and thin diagonal steel bands that support appropriate diagonal flexibility. Because the SMARTFLX™ trees are sculpted to welcome the expanded “moving” horse body, there is room to accommodate an enormous variety of horse breeds and sizes.
VersaFit unique shimming concept provides a simple way to offer dynamic custom fit. The welcoming “hug” of our saddles’ undersides provides for a physically and mentally un-restricted equine athlete capable of enjoying full physical potential under saddle.